These free services help students to achieve success by reinforcing classroom instruction and helping students become independent learners.
ZOOM-IN MATH TUTORING
Tutoring in MATH 100, MATH 100A, MATH 101, and MATH 105 is available during flexible hours. The tutoring session includes, if preferred, screen-sharing and a virtual white board via Zoom.
Mrs. Cindy Shank, Mathematics Instructional Specialist
Text: (301) 842-4049
ZOOM-IN GENERAL ACADEMIC TUTORING
A faculty tutor is available every Friday to help you with a variety of general academic needs including:
- Study skills and note-taking
- MLA and APA style citations
- Writing assignments (in any subject)
- Reading assignments (in any subject)
- Help for English language learners
- Assistance with online course content and assignments
Ms. Lisa Wood
ONLINE TUTORING 24/7
Blue Ridge CTC subscribes to Brainfuse, an online tutoring service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Servicios disponible en español.) All tutors have degrees in their subjects and teaching and/or tutoring experience. Services include
- Live, on-demand assistance
- An online writing lab
- A place to submit questions
- Practice math and reading tests
- Interactive flashcards by subject
- and more
Access online tutoring in your Blackboard account by clicking “Online Tutoring 24/7” from the Blackboard home page, MyBRCTC.
For course-specific tutoring outside these fields, please submit a Tutor Request form for EACH COURSE for which you need to be tutored. Someone from the course department will contact you by email within two business days.
For more information, contact Sara Gordon at email@example.com.
For help with course or college technology, contact IT Services or the E-Learning department.
Contact IT Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to:
- account username or password
Contact the E-Learning department at email@example.com for questions related to:
- Course-required technologies
- Research databases, EBSCO Host