Blue Ridge Community and Technical College in consultation with appropriate agencies has developed the following reporting protocol for confirmed positive COVID19 individuals or in cases of voluntary quarantine without positive test.
COVID Guidelines – January 2022
Student or Employee notify designated person:
- Students: Submit an Excused Absence Notification
- Employees: Morgan Gower, Director of Human Resources
- If a student or employee notifies the course faculty or supervisor, the faculty or supervisor should refer said person to the appropriate designated person. The College asks that the reporting person also relay the information to ensure reporting is completed.
- Persons may be notified to self-quarantine due to exposure and are not positive COVID19. Protocol will follow the same guidelines.
Designated Personnel will obtain the following information:
- Blue Ridge C# and Name
- State of Residence
- Last time physically on campus
- Date of confirmed positive test
- Dates of isolation or quarantine
- Hospitalization or Death as result of positive COVID19
- Leslie See is the College contact for the local health departments and will relay or receive information pertaining to contact/exposure. The local health department determines and notifies exposures.