Blue Ridge Community and Technical College has a variety of student organizations geared to the diverse interests of our students. Getting involved with student clubs, organizations, and activities is a great way to build your network of friends and gain valuable leadership experience! If you are interested in forming a new club, or wish to learn which clubs and groups are active, contact the Office of Student Success.
- Allied Health Club – Advisor John Jacko
- Blue Ridge Drama Club – Advisor Dr. Kathy Cox
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)- Advisors Randy Spies
- Gaming Club – Advisor Janet Branch
- Phi Beta Lambda – Future Business Leaders of America -Advisor Todd Cimino Johnson
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) International Honor Society – Advisor Lisha Burks
- Rotaract- Advisor Todd Cimino-Johnson, Advisor Challice LaRose
- Space Club – Advisor David Teets
- Student Activities Board – Advisor Sara Gordon
- Student Government Association – Advisor Siona Escota
- Student Nurses Association (SNA)- Advisor Amy Schaffer
- Student Veterans Association – Advisor Britney Norris
- Technology Club – Advisor Steve Shank
The Outlet was launched in 2009 by Assistant Professor of English, Deidre Morrison, when the College met at the Dunn Outlet building. Since then, the arts and letters magazine acquired “Bloom Where You Are Planted” as a subtitle, appropriate to the new and growing campuses where the College community is housed. It has been published twice with that subtitle.
Below are the latest editions. Please read, enjoy, and gather creative work for the next year! For questions, contact Kathy Cox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Blue Ridge Residential Writers Group wish to thank all of the talented writers and artists who submitted the creative works included in this fifth edition of The Outlet.
Special thanks go to members of the Cultural Events Committee for serving as this year’s poetry, fiction/non-fiction and art contest judges.