Blue Ridge Community and Technical College has a variety of student organizations geared to the diverse interests of our students. Getting involved with student clubs, organizations, and activities is a great way to build your network of friends and gain valuable leadership experience! If you are interested in forming a new club, or wish to learn which clubs and groups are active, contact the Office of Student Success.
- Blue Ridge Drama Club – Advisor Dr. Kathy Cox
- Education Club – Advisor Joshua Rider
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)- Advisor Randy Spies
- Phi Beta Lambda – Future Business Leaders of America -Advisor Todd Cimino Johnson
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) International Honor Society – Advisor Lisha Burks
- Rotaract- Advisor Challice LaRose
- S.A.G.A. (Sexuality and Gender Alliance) – Advisor Todd Cimino-Johnson
- Space Club – Advisor David Teets and Advisor Gerry Willis
- Speculative Fiction Club – Advisor Lisa Wood
- Sports and Recreation Club – Advisor Steve Wolfe: Meets Weekly on Thursday @ 3:30p
- Student Activities Board – Advisor Sara Gordon
- Student Government Association – Advisor Siona Escota
- Student Nurses Association (SNA)- Advisor Amy Schaffer
- Student Veterans Association – Advisor Britney Norris
- STEM Club – Advisor Steve Shank and Advisor Janet Branch
The Outlet was launched in 2009 by Assistant Professor of English, Deidre Morrison, when the College met at the Dunn Outlet building. Since then, the arts and letters magazine acquired “Bloom Where You Are Planted” as a subtitle, appropriate to the new and growing campuses where the College community is housed. It has been published twice with that subtitle.
Below are the latest editions. Please read, enjoy, and gather creative work for the next year! For questions, contact Kathy Cox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Blue Ridge Residential Writers Group wish to thank all of the talented writers and artists who submitted the creative works included in this fifth edition of The Outlet.
Special thanks go to members of the Cultural Events Committee for serving as this year’s poetry, fiction/non-fiction and art contest judges.