Our mission is to provide personal and academic support to all veterans of the U.S. military wanting to begin or continue their college education. We offer guidance and support in the admissions and financial aid processes, along with providing a level of support that conveys our appreciation of your service to our country. We thank you!
Letter from President Checkovich
Click Here to Read a Message to Veteran’s from President Checkovich
GUIDE TO EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
Current military members, Veterans and dependents may be eligible for educational benefits through the federal government and/or the state of West Virginia. This guide will assist our students in understanding which chapter of benefits they qualify for. Please contact the Office of Veterans Affairs http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/contact_us.asp or email Veteran Services Office at Blue Ridge CTC firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or questions in regards to eligibility and programs available.
Educational Benefits Available
* The application processes and eligibility requirements for tuition assistance is separate and different from the application process for VA educational benefits. You could qualify and receive either or both.
*Federal TA and VA educational benefits may conflict and not be used in conjunction. Please contact email@example.com for more information or questions.
Decide which Chapter works best for you with the VA Comparison Tool
Veteran Services Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Certifying Officials:
Aaron Andrews, email@example.com
Anna Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org
Britney Norris, email@example.com
GI Bill Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
WV State Tuition Assistance: email@example.com
Federal Tuition Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vocational Rehabilitation, Martinsburg VA Hospital
BRCTC Veteran Education Verification Form: Veteran Education Benefits Certification Form
Student Veteran Checklist
Change of Program or Place of Training: http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/vba-22-1995-are.pdf
Notice of Basic Eligibility (1606/1607): http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/veterans/repository/files/DD2384-1.pdf
Armed Forces TA Program
Martinsburg VA Medical Center
TA for Reserves
Transcripts of Military Training: Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard (Separation date of 1985 or later):
WV State VA Website
Applying for Veteran Benefits
You must apply for VA Educational Benefits in order to receive them. To apply for Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty or Reserve Benefits under Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607, or the Post 9/11 GI Bill ®, please do the following: If you have any questions in regards to educational benefits, please contact email@example.com
- Complete the application for VA Education Benefits at: vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
- Once this information is processed you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail from the VA Regional Processing Center located in St. Louis, MO.
- Please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and your DD-214 to the VA Certifying Officials, who are located in the Financial Aid Office.
- Provide all transcripts from your military training experience (transcripts
- With the assistance of your advisor, develop a degree plan that outlines all courses necessary for graduation
- Only courses aligned with your degree program will be paid for by the VA
- Once you are registered for classes, you will need to submit your enrollment verification form Veteran Enrollment Reporting Form to the Veteran Services Office or School Certifying Officials
- At the end of each month (Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607) you will need to contact the VA to “Certify Your Attendance.” You can contact them in one of two ways:
- Call 1-888-442-4551 or
- Go to gibill.va.gov
If you have used your GI Bill® at another institution or are changing majors under Active Duty and Reserve Benefits Chapters 30, 33, 1606 and 1607 :
- Complete form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.
- Provide your “Certificate of Eligibility”, DD-214, your enrollment information, and the Benefits Certification Form to the VA Certifying Officials at Blue Ridge.
Blue Ridge Community Technical College policy allows Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel residing outside of West Virginia to be eligible for in-state tuition. Students should complete a residency petition, which can be retrieved by visiting the Welcome Desk on the Main Campus.
Current Military Members to include National Guard or Reserve
Tuition Assistance is available for all active duty military members. More information on tuition assistance can be found Armed Forces TA Program
State Tuition Assistance for Guard members can be found www.wvguardtuition.com
- Requests need to be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start of each semester
- Grades need to be submitted after the completion of each semester
Federal Tuition Assistance for Reserve members can be found www.goarmyed.com
- Requests need to be submitted 2 to 3 weeks before the start of each semester
- Paper forms also need to be submitted (read instructions carefully)
- Grades need to be submitted after the completion of each semester
Post 9-11 GI Bill ® (Chapter 33):
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill ® will pay the tuition and fees directly to the school. Students attending school with greater than half time rate of pursuit will be given a monthly housing allowance based on the Zip Code of the school. Online only students will receive a housing allowance half of the national average. Every student receives annual book stipend of up to $1,000.
Montgomery GI Bill ® (Chapter 30):
- The Montgomery GI Bill ® pays a flat rate per term /semester. The monthly rate is paid to the student and it is the student’s responsibility to pay the school for tuition/fees. There is no housing allowance or book stipend for students utilizing this chapter.
VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31):
- If you have a service connected disability, you may be entitled to benefits under this program. Veterans will contact their VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and submit an application. It will be necessary to have a disability rating to participate in this program.
- Once deemed entitled by Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and you are accepted to Blue Ridge, the VA counselor will send Blue Ridge an Authorization 1905 Form to certify your enrollment. Please provide your registration of classes to the VA Certifying Officials.
Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35):
- This benefit is for spouses and children of 100% permanently and totally disabled veterans. This benefit pays a monthly amount directly to the student. The student must then pay the school for tuition/fees. There is no housing allowance or book stipend for students utilizing this chapter of benefits.