Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance (TA)

Military Tuition Assistance is the term used for financial aid given by military branches to active duty and reserve service members for college courses. Each branch of the military has its own TA policy.

Please note: Regardless of your branch of service, TA only covers the cost of tuition, and not any associated fees. Students are responsible for all costs not covered by TA, which must be paid by the published payment deadlines.

Service members should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) at their unit/command before applying at Blue Ridge CTC. Each service has unique requirements that must be met and/or completed prior to or as part of the TA application process. These will be discussed by your chain of command and/or your ESO.


To receive Military Tuition Assistance (TA) you must go through the individual branch website to complete an application. The link to each individual branch TA website is provided below under “Application Process”. Please contact the education center on the installation for further help. An education service officer or counselor at the education center must approve your TA before you enroll in a course.



Application Process

Once you have spoken with your ESO, you will apply for TA through your service:

Navy, Marines, Coast Guard (must be approved TWO WEEKS before class start date): MyNavyEducation

Air Force (must be approved ONE WEEK before class start date): USAF Virtual Education Center

Army (must be approved FIVE DAYS before class start date): Army IgnitED


Please note that tuition expenses will be paid directly to the school.


Requesting Information

As part of the TA application process, you may need information from Blue Ridge CTC such as degree plans, course information, tuition/fee schedule. You may request this information by emailing with the following information:

  • Student’s Name
  • Branch of Service
  • Last 4 of SSN
  • Blue Ridge Student ID (starts with C)
  • Information Requested (degree plan, course information, tuition/fee schedule, etc)


West Virginia Tuition Assistance

If you are a member of the National Guard, you may be eligible for TA through the state through the WV National Guard Education Encouragement Program. You must apply each semester, and applications are due 60 days prior to the start of classes.


Using Your GI Bill® with TA

If you plan to use your GI Bill® with TA, you will also need to review the VA’s information on TA Top-Up and speak to a School Certifying Official (SCO) before making your decision.



Side Bar Icon

Increase Font SizeDecrease Font Size