Apply for Military Benefits
Prior to being certified with benefits at Blue Ridge CTC, there are a few steps you must first complete:
- Assess eligibility on the GI Bill® website. There are several types of benefits, so you should review the different offerings to determine which program you may be eligible for.
- Apply for benefits online through the VA. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or email through the Ask VA (AVA) portal
- The VA will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) within 4-6 weeks. This will confirm your type of benefit, the number of months remaining of the benefit, and the date your benefits expire.
Once you have applied with the VA, you will need to inform Blue Ridge CTC of your eligibility:
- Forward your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) to Veterans Services at VetSource@blueridgectc.edu.
- Once you have been accepted to the college and have registered for courses, complete the Veterans Enrollment Reporting Form online. Please note this must be completed EACH semester so that we can certify your benefits. To ensure payment is not delayed, submit the Veterans Enrollment Reporting Form as soon as you are registered.
- To inquire into the status of your benefits, log onto eBenefits or contact the GI Bill® Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.
- Contact Veterans Services at VetSource@blueridgectc.edu if there are any changes to your registration throughout the semester. Adding, dropping, or withdrawing from classes can change your VA benefit amount so we suggest you check with us before taking action.