Blue Ridge Community and Technical College

Financial Aid Enlightening minds, brightening futures.


Grants and scholarships are often called “gifts” because they are free money—financial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid. Grants are often based on financial need.

Federal Pell Grant

Pell Grants are awarded usually only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree. (In some cases, however, a student enrolled in a post-baccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Pell Grant.) Pell Grants are considered a foundation of federal financial aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added. Learn about the Pell Grant.

Financial Aid – SEOG

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) program is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need. Pell Grant recipients with the lowest expected family contributions will be considered first for a FSEOG. Just like Pell Grants, the FSEOG does not have to be repaid. Learn more about the FSEOG Grant online.


The Higher Education Adult Part-Time Student Grant Program enables West Virginia students that demonstrate financial need to continue their education on a part-time basis at the post-secondary level.  Are you eligible for aid? Learn more about the HEAPS grant.

West Virginia Higher Education Grant

This grant ensures that West Virginia students with financial need are given an opportunity to pursue a college education. The grant may be renewed until the student’s course of study is completed, but may not exceed an additional three academic years beyond the initial award. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need and generally may be used in conjunction with other forms of state, federal and institutional financial aid. Click here for information.

Scroll to top