Testing with accommodations means any modifications made to the tests or testing environment that allows students the ability to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in a testing situation. A Letter of Accommodation must be on file in the Testing Center before any testing accommodations can be provided.
Students must schedule the testing appointment with the Testing Center at least one week prior to the day of the test. Students may be required to complete the exam outside of normal class time.
Faculty Scheduling an Exam
To schedule a faculty exam or makeup, Call the Student Development Coordinator, Alexis Dixon at 304-260-4380 Ext. 2117; email email@example.com.
Please include the following information when requesting a test to be administered in the Testing Center:
-Proctoring Form form for the student(s)
-The Student’s name
-The actual length of time for the test the day(s) the tests can be administeredRequirements needed to complete the test
-Any special instructions for the test
-Username and password for online testing
-Remember to extend the time limit for students with the extended accommodations
-Please specify browser: IE, Firefox, or Chrome
-The Proctoring Form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Welcome Desk between 8 am and 6 pm.
Instructors must complete and turn in the PROCTORING FORM one week in advance. Send your instructor a reminder email the day before your scheduled testing appointment. “FYI, I have an appointment scheduled With the Student Development Coordinator, February 24, 2015 at 2:00 pm. Math 1045.
ALL Other Exams
All other Accommodation Testing, such as TEAS, PRAXIS, etc., are administered at the Testing Center. Test candidates must be first apply for accommodation through Alexis Dixon, the Student Development Coordinator, who will then send over the Accommodations paperwork to the Testing Center.
Once the Testing Center has the Test Candidates paperwork, the candidate can schedule for the exam either through the appropriate test site when required such as PRAXIS or through the automated Test Registration system.
Registering for an Exam
For your convenience, testing candidates can now register for all exams online through RegisterBlast®. RegisterBlast® is a quick, easy and confidential way for all testing candidates to register and confirm an appointment to complete testing, including, Accuplacer, TEAS, Certiport, ATI, proctor exams, and more! All test candidates must complete the online registration through RegisterBlast to schedule a test date.
How To Schedule an Exam
- Click on the Schedule Testing link below.
- Select your test from the group.
- Choose your exam.
- Select an exam date and time.
- Enter your personal information.
- Submit payment for any necessary fees. (Note: Testing fees vary based upon exam type)
- Select the Ready to Checkout to confirm your test.
Testing Center Guidelines
- Schedule an appointment using the online system. (Space is limited)
- Photo identification is required for all testing. Acceptable forms of photo identification include: Current college student ID, Current driver’s license, State approved ID, Current state of federal ID card, Current passport of passport card, Tribal ID card, or Naturalization card.
- All exams must be completed in one sitting.
- Tester Must:
- Complete a sign-in-sheet
- Present a current photo ID
- All personal items will be securely stored.
- All cell phones, pagers, and any other electronic devices will be turned off and stored
- All hats, caps, scarves, and coats will be removed and stored
- All watches, jewelry more than ¼ inch
- May not leave the Testing Center without permission of the Testing Staff once testing has begun
- Food (including gum) and drink are not permitted in the Testing Center and/or testing rooms unless otherwise permitted.
- Student may not access his/her personal belongings without permission once testing has begun.
- If a break is permitted during testing, the student may not access his/her cell phone or any other electronic devices.
- No children allowed in the testing center.