Blue Ridge Community and Technical College

Future Students Enlightening minds, brightening futures.

Job Scholars


Morgan County Center, 109 War Memorial Drive Berkeley Springs, WV 25411

  • August 5, 2021
  • September 2, 2021
  • October 7, 2021
  • November 4, 2021
  • December 2, 2021

Technology Center, 5550 Winchester Ave Martinsburg, WV 25405

  • August 12, 2021
  • September 9, 2021
  • October 14, 2021
  • November 11, 2021
  • December 9, 2021

(Form not supported in Internet Explorer)

Questions about sessions? Contact:
Joseph Holliday

What is Job Scholars?

Department of Labor Logo

Blue Ridge Community and Technical College Job Scholars is a non-residential career training grant program authorized through the Job Corps US Department of Labor. This program helps eligible young people ages 16 through 24 train for meaningful careers and obtain employment. Job Scholars graduates either enter the workforce, an apprenticeship, go on to higher education, or join the military.

Job Scholars Offers:

  • Tuition-Free Training Opportunities
  • Meal and Transportation Assistance
  • Hands-On Training with On-the-Job Experience
  • Employment Counseling
  • Apprenticeship/Employment Program (upon training completion)

Who is eligible? Blue Ridge Job Scholars Admission Criteria:

  1. U.S. citizen/legal resident/deferred action status
  2. Age (16-24); upper limit waived for those with disabilities
  3. Low income
  4. Barriers to education and employment
  5. Selective Service Registration completed
  6. Educational and training needs can best be met by the Job Corps Program
  7. Group participation. Applicant must be able to participate successfully in group situations and activities:
    – Applicant must be unlikely to interfere with another students’ participation
    – Maintenance of sound discipline and positive center culture
    – Applicant must be unlikely to impede satisfactory relationships between the Job Corps Center and the community
  8. Understanding and agree to comply with the rules
  9. No disqualifying convictions (murder, child abuse, rape)
  10. No court Involvement and/or agency supervision (eligible only if the court or appropriate agency certifies in writing its approval of the applicant’s release from supervision and that the release does not violate applicable laws or regulations)
  11. Child care arrangements in place (applicants with primary custodial care must have suitable child care arrangements for the proposed enrollment)
  12. Authorization for use and disclosure of health information (form must be signed by applicant or parent/legal guardian)
  13. Parental consent (when applicant is an unemancipated minor)

Available Training

  • Advanced Manufacturing Technician
  • Agricultural Technician Certification
  • Computer Application Specialist
  • Cyber Security
  • Early Childhood Specialist
  • HVAC Technician
  • Information Technology
  • Quality Assurance Technician
  • Recovery Coach Academy
  • UAS/GIS Technician
  • Pharmacy Technician
  • Electrical Distribution (Lineman)
  • Phlebotomy
  • Animal Care Assisting (with or without Grooming)
  • Culinary Certificate
  • Medical Billing and Coding
  • Dental Assistant

How do I begin training?

For training in Advanced Manufacturing Technician, Agricultural Technician Certification, HVAC Technician or Quality Assurance Technician, UAS/GIS Technician, Animal Care, Culinary Certificate Contact:

Amy Gillespie
304.260.4380 ext. 3423

For training in Computer Application Specialist, Early Childhood Specialist, Cyber Security, Information Technology or Recovery Coach Academy, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, Medical Billing and Coding, Dental Assistant Contact:

Alexis Dixon
304.260.4380 ext. 2124

Job Scholars Application

Job Scholars Referral Form

This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.

The total cost of the Job Scholars program is $1,394,900.  $1,186,900.00 (85 %) is funded through the U.S. Department of Labor. The other $208,00 (15%) is funded through non-federal resources.

Creative Commons Attributions License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Scroll to top