Digital Experience Specialist (Technology Support Specialist)
Loudoun County Public Schools
Loudoun County, VA
$24.43 – $31.44 an hour – Full-time
The Digital Experience Specialist maintains a complex technology environment and ensures all technology elements are operating effectively so that students, teachers, and staff can remain focused on student learning. This position provides exceptional client experiences, maximizes technology uptime, and serves as a technology advocate for their assigned school or administration building.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consults with staff to maintain all technology elements within the assigned location.
- Collaborates with school or departmental staff for technology purchases and the effective allocation of technology resources.
- Communicates with staff regarding system changes, ongoing issues, and upcoming projects.
- Serves as assigned owner of all incidents reported by staff and students, and ensures resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Deploys, installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all technology equipment and peripherals within the assigned location.
- Maintains accurate inventory of technology equipment assigned to assigned to buildings, students, and staff.
- Performs system administration work to include user account management and installation of district approved software.
- Implements emerging technologies, monitors progress, and reports findings to departmental leadership.
- Develops and maintains knowledge articles and related technical documentation for students and staff.
- Associates degree or two years of equivalent experience in an Information Technology field
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and to handle new duties with limited direction; determines and set work priorities; maintains confidentiality; works independently; responds calmly and efficiently when under pressure and/or frequent interruptions; collaborates effectively with many different audiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; Ability to determine and set work priorities, maintain confidentiality, work independently, and work effectively during periods of heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- MCP or MCSA, ITILv3, HDI, A+, N+ certifications preferred
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The employee may climb a ladder and work in confined spaces.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Months/ Days/ Hours: 12 Months/ 254 Days/ 8 hours
Reports To: Coordinator, Digital Experience
Salary Level: Universal 8
Salary Scale: https://www.lcps.org/compensation
Salary Range:$24.43 – $31.44