Toray Plastic (America), Inc.
Basic Job Description for Candidates
Title: Process Technician
The Process Technician is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the processing and support equipment to produce a high quality product. The Process Technician is a member of a high involvement team, which will control work in their area based on production requirements within guidelines established by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation of processing equipment, i.e., Accumulator, Packaging, Splicer and Pellitizer, Winder, irradiation and extrusion equipment
- Safely handle material using various equipment i.e., fork truck, power lifts, manual pallet jacks, etc.
- Material testing and quality checks on products to ensure quality standards are being met
- Housekeeping and general cleanliness of assigned areas to maintain a safe and orderly environment
- Record and report on assigned operational metrics such as quality, output and equipment downtime
- Must be able to detect defects and eliminate, know defects in general for your assigned area.
- Communicate effectively with other technicians, area leaders, Supervisors
- Preventive maintenance on equipment and area under supervision
- Ability to work as needed in other areas or on different shifts as needed by business circumstances with reasonable notice and accommodations.
- Understands and follows all Safety Rules as established by management.
- Actively participate in team safety and improvement idea activities
- Reports all safety and equipment incidents promptly using Toray’s incident reporting system
- Behave in a professional manner and maintain good attendance.
- Ability to recognize when various situations exceed training and knowledge levels and communicate with peers and leadership to obtain necessary help to solve problems.
Skill & Qualification required:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Ability to push/pull 1500 lb. using wheeled cart
- Able to work 12 hour rotating work shift and mandatory overtime
- Ability to work in hot and sometimes dirty environment.
- Ability to stand on concrete floors for long periods of time – may be up to 12 hours.
Education & Experience required:
High School Diploma of GED, preferred
- Some Computer Skills required
- Manufacturing Experience preferred
For more details, contact:
Lisa Strotz, SHRM-CP, Human Resources Generalist
Toray Plastics (America) Inc.
500 Toray Dr.
Front Royal, VA 22630
Internal Extension x2617
Phone (office): 540-631-2556
Phone (cell): 540-305-6696