The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for overseeing the performance of a high-speed aerosol production line, basic and complex PMs, troubleshooting equipment issues and following guidelines to maintain safety, quality, and efficiency goals. All vocational skill sets will be utilized and attention to detail is paramount.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains high-speed, industrial process equipment utilizing PLC logic controls. This includes: all electrical power automation controllers, VFDs, transducers, proximity sensors, inspection devices, 4-20ma controls.
- Assist operators on equipment set-up to ensure proper operations.
- Anticipate, prepare for, and carry out changeovers in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform systematic maintenance to the production line.
- Design packaging lines/layouts, equipment, fixtures, change parts, and coordinate installation.
- Identifies and designs process improvements for efficient equipment operations and coordinates through supervisor to implement.
- Diagnoses root causes of malfunctions and corrects through field measurements and programmable logic control software, ladder logic and structure text.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves and/or dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- While the position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), may include working weekends; working hours may vary specified by management. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must wear safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Electrical, Pneumatic, and Mechanical troubleshooting
- 5+ years of related experience in packing/production machines
- Ability to work in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Ability to execute strenuous, sometimes repetitive physical work such as climbing, lifting objects up above shoulder level weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able work in extreme temperatures, indoors and out
- Ability to arc weld, MIG/TIG weld, and use of oxy-acetylene equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing and piping.
- Ability to perform basic structural and sheet metal fabrication.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical blueprints.
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment and measurement tooling.
- Experience with pump configuration – design/rebuild/repair.
For more information, contact:
Robin R. Bohrer
Human Resources Manager
242 Corning Way
Martinsburg, WV 25405
304-262-5002 Direct Line
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Mechatronics|