Sr. Desktop Support Technician
GCD IT Solutions
Sr. Desktop Support Technician
- Frederick, Maryland
GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Sr. Desktop Support Technician in the Frederick, MD area.
This position provides senior level support for end users by handling most difficult service requests such as network, systems, and security administration that have been escalated by lower tiers. Support will be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone, or via email
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve second level help desk incidents.
- Perform user account & security administration including NDS & Active Directory account setups, e-mail accounts, address books & distribution lists.
- Coordinates major equipment repairs; locates vendors and ships parts as needed for repairs; arranges for vendors to perform on-site repairs.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of logs, records and reports on help desk operations, including vendor services logs, purchase orders, inventory, status reports and problem resolution.
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely resolution to service call while taking ownership of the issue until resolution.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, including cabling, and switch configuration
- Troubleshoot 3rd party software & internal applications, PC configuration issues
- Install & configure software packages including standard workstation software and some special application software.
- Provide high quality customer service and network related technical support with an emphasis on effective issue resolution and quality
- Ensures proper and accurate feedback to user on technical problems, and coordinates communications between user and technical staff.
- Provide assistance to Tier 3 engineers with problem research and documentation.
- Work with other IT teams to identify the source of issues.
- Continue to improve technical knowledge through ongoing training and certifications
- Train new employees as needed to ensure their success in the team
- Assist with Business Recovery hardware set-up in the event of a disaster
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in technology field or technical IT certifications
- Comp TIA A+, certification
- Comp TIA Network+, certification
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification
- CCENT: certification
- Five years Help Desk Tier 2 related experience
- Experience with email flow and spam filtering products
- Experience with forcepoint URL filtering
- Experience managing clients in a virtualized environment
- Working knowledge of network environments including; LAN\WAN routing, Firewall \ VPN administration
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 -2016
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7, Mac OS X, Google Collaboration Apps and Office 365
- Active Directory maintenance and Exchange 2013
- Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client PC connectivity – Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting Cisco operating systems including IOS, ASA, and Wireless
- Experience with Imaging tools, and desktop security products
- 5 years experience working in a Windows/Mac environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced methods and techniques of troubleshooting issues with computer hardware, printers, software, and peripheral equipment
- Customer-focused with ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve advanced technical issue
- Ability to run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Ability to train users on basic computer use, walk customer through the problem solving process
- Ability to work independently, complete tasks with minimal supervision
What We Do:
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and Vacation
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification forms upon hire.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment opportunities.
|Job Category||Computer Science|