We Value Our Team Members
We have an excellent opportunity for a Production Supervisor who is responsible for supporting the division requirements and assuring plant policies and procedures are followed. This position works in concert with the shift technicians to meet the productivity goals and achieve the department’s objectives. Closely working with Quality Control, Technical, Engineering, and Maintenance to troubleshoot production issues.
- Foster a strong safety-oriented culture; understand and follow all Safety Rules
- Supervises approximately 10-15 shift technicians, ensuring work instructions are carried out safely and accurately during the 12-hour shift
- Meeting shift goals regarding safety and performance evaluations
- A thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes and procedures as well as the ability to troubleshoot problems when necessary
- Ability to train both new and experienced technicians is a must
- Understanding of and compliance with all safety and production procedures
- Writing and administers employee performance evaluations
- Administration of corrective action when necessary
- Presenting shift performance information and issues at post-shift meeting
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Perform all other duties assigned
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Must possess effective communication skills
• Must have proven ability to develop and promote a team environment
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Word & Excel)
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
• Able to push/pull a wheeled cart of up to 1,500 lbs.
• Able to work 12 hour rotating work shift
• Able to work required, mandatory overtime
Education & Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• 3+ years’ experience supervising 10+ employees preferred
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray Plastics (America), Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Lisa Strotz, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Generalist
Toray Plastics (America) Inc.
500 Toray Dr.
Front Royal, VA 22630
Internal Extension x2617
Phone (office): 540-631-2556
Phone (cell): 540-305-6696
|Job Category||Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechatronics|