If you’ve ever been to a library and checked out a book or placed a hold online, you may have used our software. The Library Corporation (TLC) has been servicing the Library Industry since 1974. TLC provides premier automation, cataloging, and data services to more than 5,500 public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide, ranging from single-site facilities to massive metropolitan systems.
TLC’s ideal Marketing Specialist is an organized and skilled content creator, who can produce high-quality written and visual outputs across platforms. With the goal of engaging prospects and bringing customer stories to life, the ideal candidate should demonstrate creativity, empathy, and professionalism to develop memorable marketing content and proposals. Library and/or Educator experience preferred but not required.
The Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with multiple teams and customers toward creating accurate and creative content and winning proposals. This person will promote the company’s products and services by developing and editing content for websites, marketing campaigns, bid proposals, and social media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for websites, blogs, marketing materials, campaigns, and proposals.
- Conducting research and interviews to learn more about current products, services, and customers, then developing distributable story-driven content based on the findings.
- This may take the form of case studies, press releases, video clips, blogs, infographics, testimonials, social posts, etc.
- Contributing to a repository of marketing language, product screenshots, customer testimonials, and other reusable content snippets for proposals and campaigns.
- Supply boilerplate language from the repository as requested for proposals and campaigns.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team on the design of promotional materials and delivery of campaign objectives.
- Assisting with webinar and video production and subsequent cross-channel content repurposing.
- Using social media to engage prospects and customers, respond to questions or complaints, and to promote company initiatives.
- Monitoring website, campaign, and social media metrics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and reading comprehension skills required — minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Proficient video editing and graphic design skills required
- Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud experience highly preferred
- Library or Educator experience preferred
- Active social engagement on multiple platforms preferred
- Proven ability to articulate complex information in clear, concise, and relatable content
- Enjoy researching and learning about library tools and processes
- Excellent organization of digital assets
- Excellent time management and project prioritization
- Highly proficient in Google Workspace — Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Gmail
- Great listening, flexibility, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently in a remote environment
- Please submit a marketing portfolio with application
TLC offers its employees opportunities to grow and make a real contribution. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
Salary range for this position is $40,000 to $55,000, commensurate with experience. This position may also receive a small quarterly commission based on proposal performance.
This position is open to remote candidates, although preference may be given to local candidates. No ongoing business travel requirement is anticipated for this position. The Library Corporation is currently in a remote work protocol as a response to the public health emergency in the United States of America, so applicants should be prepared to onboard and work remotely for an indeterminate period of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and benefits and a congenial work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, national origin, age (40 or older), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status. An offer of employment with TLC is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
TLC is a Federal Contractor and has implemented a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirement for our workforce effective January 18th, 2022. This policy will help to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. Employees must be fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, or apply and receive an approved exemption based on medical or religious reasons.
Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. For example, this includes two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two weeks after the second dose of any combination of two doses of different COVID-19 vaccines as part of one primary vaccination series. All employees are required to report their vaccination status and to provide proof of vaccination.
If you have the personal and professional skills for this position and want to work in a rapidly growing enterprise that uses the latest technology, we invite you to send us your resume, professional references, and salary requirements.
The Library Corporation is headquartered approximately 50 miles west of Washington, DC., with an additional office in Denver, Colorado.
|Job Category||Business, Digital Media|