Certified Cook (9 Dragons / Zen Noodle) – Full-Time
Certified Cook (9 Dragons / Zen Noodle) – Full-Time
Job ID: 2022-95228
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Food & Beverage
WE’RE CHANGING ENTERTAINMENT. COME JOIN US.
We’re always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, you’ll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. You’ll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. You’ll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Click HERE to learn more about our Day 1 Benefits, 401k Program, Company Perks, Career Opportunities, Advancement Programs, Scholarships and more!
WE LOVE OUR WORK.
- Pay: Starting at $17.50 per hour based on experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reports to Lead Cook, and works with Cooks for job assignments for the day.
- Calculates figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must have understanding of food cost formulas.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food stuffs for consumption in dining areas at the Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and sHReds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Ensures kitchen is clean and organized upon closing.
- Any task assigned by Lead Cook, Sous Chef, Room Chef and/or Restaurant Manager.
BRING US YOUR BEST.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and one to three years of related experience and/or training in a high-volume restaurant with emphasis on Asian Cuisine; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Bilingual a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must qualify for licensing with the West Virginia Racing Commission.
Must be able to obtain proper Food Handler Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
STAY IN THE GAME. FOLLOW US.
We’ve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, online gaming via Barstool Sportsbook and theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability — for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.