Faculty at Blue Ridge CTC can become certified by the College for online teaching by completing this self-paced, web-based Online Instructor Certification Training.
The web-based training covers:
- Use of the learning management system (LMS)
- Essential elements of quality course design
- Effective practices in course delivery
- A review of available software programs and technologies
- An overview of accessibility and student support services
- Recommendations for continuity in Blue Ridge CTC courses
Special features of the training:
- Faculty will be enrolled in Blackboard as student users – an excellent chance to see the LMS from the students’ perspective!
- Assignments and tasks are designed so faculty can multitask by building components of their online course while completing the training course.
The training will require approximately 30 hours of contact time, but can be completed at your own pace. An official certification, as well as CEUs, will be issued to faculty upon completion of the program, in accordance with total hours spent in the course.
To register for the Online Instructor Certification Training, contact the E-Learning Specialist:
(304) 260-4380 ext. 2328