Blue Ridge CTC in Partnership with SHRM. Ready to take your career to the next level? We can help.
Be among the first to earn an HR credential that’s globally applicable and universally recognized.
Blue Ridge Community and Technical College is pleased to announce its partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to offer courses to help HR Professionals prepare for SHRM’s new competency-based certification: The SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credentials.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are based on a single, comprehensive Body of Competency and Knowledge and are relevant worldwide, giving professionals the recognition and flexibility to use their knowledge, skills and competencies anywhere their career takes them.
As part of your course, you will receive the NEW 2016 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules in print and e-reader formats, and advanced online resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
Benefits to you:
You’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Tuition reimbursement and up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs).
Benefits to your employer:
The benefits of certification extend beyond your HR staff to your entire organization:
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™. For eligibility requirements go to www.shrmcertification.org.
Applicants must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time they submit their application, in order to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. These requirements are outlined below:
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Eligibility Chart
|Credential||Less than a Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s Degree||Graduate Degree|
|HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree|
|SHRM-CP||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||1 year in HR
|2 years in HR role||Currently in HR role||1 year in HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in HR role||7 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||5 years in HR role||3 years in HR
|4 years in HR role|
|A SHRM-CP credential holder is eligible to sit for the SHRM-SCP exam after successful completion of one three-year SHRM-CP recertification cycle.|
* Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: working toward a bachelor’s degree; associate’s degree; some college; qualifying HR certificate program; high school diploma; or GED.
The following general eligibility criteria, listed below, also apply:
- Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to one year of experience.
- HR experience can be in an exempt or non-exempt capacity.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating, or educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
- SHRM membership is not required.
This course to prepare for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam will streamline study time and accelerate your learning with an instructor led course and the most innovative tools available including SmartStudy tools, learning modules in print or e-reader formats and extensive multimedia online resources accessible via mobile devices.
Spring Exam Window: December 1, 2016 – February 15, 2017
Class Schedule: Wednesdays 6-9 p.m. beginning August 31 and ending November 16, 2016
Mandatory Orientation Session: August 24, 2016 from 6-7 pm
Non EPSHRM Member Investment: $998
EPSHRM Members: $960
Email or Call Pat Hubbard for Registration Code
Registration Closes August 15, 2016
Blue Ridge Community and Technical College’s Main Campus, HR Conference Room. (1st Floor, Suite 1210)
13650 Apple Harvest Drive, Martinsburg, WV 25403
To Register: Go to http://blueridgectc.augusoft.net/ and click on Classes.
Register Today. Classes fill quickly. For questions call or email Pat Hubbard at 304-725-7104 or email@example.com
For More Information, Complete the Form Below.
*NOTE: THIS FORM DOES NOT COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
To Register, visit: http://blueridgectc.augusoft.net and click on Classes.