Taking the Accuplacer
ACCUPLACER uses the latest computer-adaptive technology and the questions you see are based on your skill level. Your response to each question drives the difficulty level of the next question so it’s important to give each question as much thought as you can before selecting your answer.
The number of questions varies depending on which ACCUPLACER tests you take. There could be as few as 12 questions or as many as 40. All ACCUPLACER tests use a multiple-choice format. There’s no time limit on the tests, so you can focus on doing your best to demonstrate your skills.
No one passes or fails ACCUPLACER tests, but it’s important to complete the test using your best effort, so you and your college have an accurate measure of your academic skills.
The ACCUPLACER assessments include Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, Arithmetic, and College-Level Math.
Registering & Testing
– Current Photo Id required.
– Food, beverages & weapons not permitted in the Testing Center.
– Electronic devices & personal items stored in lockers provided.
– Only the exam candidate is allowed in the Testing Center.
– No unsupervised children. Childcare not provided.
– Examinees may not remove notes from the Testing Center.
– No outside calculators allowed. Onscreen calculator appears when permitted.
– No talking permitted during testing.
– Acts of dishonesty reported.
For your convenience, testing candidates can now register for all exams online through RegisterBlast®. RegisterBlast® is a quick, easy and confidential way for all testing candidates to register and confirm an appointment to complete testing. All test candidates must complete the online registration through RegisterBlast to schedule a test date.
How To Schedule an Exam
- Click on the Schedule Testing link below.
- Select your test from the group.
- Choose your exam.
- Select an exam date and time.
- Enter your personal information.
- Submit payment for any necessary fees. (Note: Testing fees vary based upon exam type)
- Select the Ready to Checkout to confirm your test.
Students with a documented disability, please contact Alexis Dixon at ext 2117 and review our Testing Accommodations Information.
Retesting (whole or part) is available 7 days after the original exam. There is a $10 retesting fee payable at registration.
Practice and Preparing for Test Day
The ACCUPLACER web-based study app features practice tests in each test subject. It is accessible from most devices with internet access, and will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions.
“Learn as you go” tests provide you with explanation of the correct or incorrect responses. Sample tests are similar to the real thing, so you’ll know ahead of time what your experience will be like on test day. You can save your work at any time, and come back when it’s convenient for you. You can review your score history to see what you’re already doing well and what skills you should focus on improving.