Regional recruiters are seeking students like you. Review their positions on our job board below. RECRUITERS AND HIRING MANAGERS – Click here to post a position on our job board.
Please apply online at http://www.horizongoodwill.org/careers.
The Custodian will perform on-site custodial work as outlined in contract specifications.
- At least one year prior custodial experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance over 50 lbs., and always using lifting belt correctly.
- Clean assigned indoor and outdoor work areas including, but not limited to: trash removal, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping/dust mopping, wet mopping, and disinfectant cleaning of restrooms.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to get to job site and to other sites as needed.
The Project Supervisor has primary responsibility for ensuring that all work at their assigned site is successfully completed to contract specifications and in accordance with the established Quality Control Plan. This includes (but may not be limited to): daily interaction with customer(s), contract representatives, subcontractors, and vendors; budget preparation and reporting; hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of front line and supervisory staff; ordering and inventory of supplies and equipment, and accurately completing daily, weekly, and monthly reports of activity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience developing and monitoring custodial staffing/work-loading plans and equipment budgets.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior custodial supervisory experience required.
- Capable of lifting up to seventy-five (75) lbs., with assistance over fifty (50) lbs.
- Capable of working on feet for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of relevant workplace safety practices, proper use and storage of cleaning supplies/chemicals and associated Safety Data Sheets (OSHA HazCom), Blood Borne Pathogens, etc.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in the usage and upkeep of light and heavy custodial equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, carpet extractors, steam cleaners, microfiber cloths and wet and dry mops, etc.
- Understanding of and ability to implement green cleaning practices.
- Ability to develop and implement custodial training programs.
- Capable of performing cleaning at assigned site(s) such as, but not limited to: trash removal, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, carpet cleaning, stripping, waxing, window washing, etc.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office and mobile/web-based applications.
The Sales Clerk will provide customer service, sales, merchandising, pricing, maintenance, display, and related paperwork including using a cash register.
- One year retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The Store Manager supervises and manages the assigned retail store to ensure efficient operation which shall include, but not be limited to: sales, merchandising, pricing, maintenance, display, and related paperwork.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years retail experience required with increasing responsibilities preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for banking and meetings.
- Must have telephone.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to be flexible for schedule changes as business needs dictate.
- Ability to provide motivation, leadership, and supervision to store personnel and trainees.
Workforce Development Coordinator
The Regional Workforce Development Team Coordinator is responsible for day to day oversight of Workforce Development Services in their designated region. In addition to managing a participant case load, he/she will serve as a mentor to Workforce Development staff, modeling behaviors that are desired by Horizon Goodwill Industries (HGI) for all Workforce Development staff to employ.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services field preferred and/or Associate's degree with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with public assistance system preferred, as well as working with state and federal funding sources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide motivation, leadership, guidance, and supervision to assigned clients.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and provide own reliable transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours, meet deadlines, and attend required meetings and trainings.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.