Regional recruiters are seeking students like you. Review their positions on our job board below. RECRUITERS AND HIRING MANAGERS – Click here to post a position on our job board.
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An Electrician Apprentice assists in the installation of electrical equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. Electrical Apprentices are employees and have basic employee responsibilities. This level Apprentice will be given instruction and work experience installing basic equipment which involves using hand tools and power tools, a basic understanding of electrical blueprints, and knowledge of the NEC. Additionally, each apprentice must make every effort to become a well-qualified journeyperson. This requires registered for related instruction courses, attending class regularly, and being on time for both work and apprenticeship school.
• You will assist with:
• Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
• Installing and mounting electronic controls, device, panels, sensors, and components.
• Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
• Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
• Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Reading contract drawings.
• Trouble shooting EMS systems, smart breakers, and relays.
• Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
• Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
• Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
• Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
• Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
• May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
• Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
• Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
• Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
• Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Reliable Transportation
• Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.