Regional recruiters are seeking students like you. Review their positions on our job board below. RECRUITERS AND HIRING MANAGERS – Click here to post a position on our job board.
- FedEx Ground specializes in cost-effective small package shipping, offering dependable business-to-business delivery and convenient residential service. Our network safely and efficiently moves millions of packages each day utilizing some of the best technology in the industry.
- The primary responsibility of the Parcel Assistant is to move packages throughout the facility. Incumbent will be required to safely perform assigned tasks while meeting predetermined standards. In this flexible position, the incumbent will rotate into several areas to perform tasks including loading, unloading, palletizing, scanning, quality assurance assessment, moving items with a forklift and operating a switcher as assigned by Dock Manager or Lead Parcel Sorter.
- Individuals who are interested in being considered for a Parcel Assistant position are required to attend watch a virtual job preview video before completing an employment application. During the video, interested individuals will have the opportunity to view an actual sort in operation and obtain a realistic preview of the Parcel Assistant job.
- Daily activities include assisting with warehouse operations and performing entry level warehouse and dock-related tasks, loading and unloading trucks, shipping and receiving, moving, handling and tracking packages and other material and assisting with transportation and distribution operations.
Parcel Assistants at FedEx Ground
- Are eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits as well as vacation and holiday pay, after completion of an eligibility period
- Are eligible for pay increases within the first six months of employment
- Have career advancement opportunities in our “promote from within” environment
- May participate in the company’s tuition assistance program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Unload and load trucks by hand
- Scan parcels
- Induct parcels onto sorter by size
- Lift, push, and stack parcels
- Wrap, label, and move skids
- Process packages and create mailing containers
- Sort packages to correct location according to label, load chart or scanner
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR LICENSURE
- At least 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to regularly lift, carry, push and pull packages up to 70 pounds in weight
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds consecutively
- Ability to read labels and charts
- Ability to verify and distinguish numbers
- Ability to memorize and carry out instructions
- Ability to work rapidly for long periods of time
- Ability to scan labels using a handheld device
- Ability to apply plastic wrap around palletized packages from floor level up to 77 inches
- Ability to apply new learning
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
Basic tools and equipment used to perform tasks:
- Hand Wrapper
- Postal Flag
- Pallet Jack
- Load Chart
- None required
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. Address: 553 Caperton Blvd
State: West Virginia
Zip Code: 25403
Domicile Location: P5254
Additional Location Information: SEASONAL positions available in our Martinsburg, WV,
for our SUNRISE, MORNING, DAY, TWILIGHT & MIDNIGHT SHIFTS.
**Sunrise - 4:30am to 7:30am
**Morning - 8:00am to 12:00pm
**Day - 12:00pm to 5:00pm
**Twilight - 6:30pm to 10:30pm
**Midnight - 11:00pm to 3:30am
**Start and end times may vary, depending on volume.
- Please bring a photo ID to gain entrance to our facility.
Rate of pay: $12.00** (see Peak Enhancements notation)
**Peak Enhancements: Parcel Assistants will receive an additional $2.00/hr., effective November 5 through December 31, 2017
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce